Thursday, December 28, 2006

An Unexpected Gift

We spent the holidays
in Florida with family.
Such a great visit. We
did so much that I am
still processing it all.
Did we do that ? When did
we do that ? How was that
even possible ? Thank You,
Mom and Patty and Jackie
and Alan and Stan for making
our visit such a memorable one.
The arrival of an email on
Christmas Eve from someone
who knew mom from the nursing
home where she visited dad
each day stands out as a special
moment.


Dear Patty,

I hope this finds the McNally family in good health and
realizing the joy of this season. As you know, I met your
Mom Gert, at Heartland, while visiting with my Mom,
Muriel. Over the months, we had frequent visits, and as
I got to know Gert, my respect and admiration for her
quickly grew.

I learned so much by her example about what real love is,
how infinite patience can be, the strength of true commitment
and how to deal with loss. This quiet, gentle lady showed the
courage of a warrior and the heart of a saint. She always found
the beauty and joy around her and remained open to the
enjoyment of life, even on more difficult days. All of this
under one of life's most difficult of circumstances.

Gert has my ultimate respect and affection and will always
remain one of the few great teachers in my life. She will
always hold a place in my heart.I didn't see an e-mail
contact for her, so please pass this along to her.

She and Richard have established a beautiful legacy in the
wonderful family they created, each accomplished and unique,
all sharing a strong family bond. I'd be remiss if I didn't
tell you how often Gert mentioned your creativity and the
many meaningful projects to which you directed your
formidable energy. It was clear that she was not only proud
of you, but truly in awe.

I wish you much success in life and especially for "The
Unforgettable Fund". Please give my regards to Gert, and a
Merry Christmas and the happiest of New Years to all of you.

------ End of Forwarded Message

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home